Thursday, August 14, 2008

Is it just me?

Or is work TOTALLY boring?! AM I in the majority, when I say I can think of soooooo many things that I'd rather be doing between the hours of 8:30-6:30 besides work! Is this normal? I know there are people that say they love their jobs, so am I just the weird one? Is it just me that will never find a satisfying job? or is it the jobs that I keep picking? Anyone who says they find a job in accounting to be satisfying is either lying, or i dont know what, bc I officially can find no joy in what I am doing. So what do I want to do? I don't know. The thought of having to work at a desk sounds wretched. Is my degree a waste? My license? I am actually a bit shocked at how quickly I get bored. People ask what I like to do, and I say, helping people. So if there was a job, where I could walk around and help people, a new person, family, etc everyday, I think I would be in Heaven. Even if said job existed, could it support me? Probably not. So I am stuck doing the work I loathe bc I am good at it. But that can really only get me so far. Then what? More schooling? For what? I don't even know what is next! ah! Dios ayudame!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually you would probably find a trading floor more interesting; in general, finance is more interesting than accounting. I know what you believe you would really like to be doing; I'm just throwing out alterantives.

Unknown said...

yes, there are people who enjoy being an accountant....

my roommate. she always says she really likes it. but be glad you're not like her. she's not all that cool, and from what i've seen doesn't have any friends. no wait, her cats. she's friends with them. and they watch tv together alllllllll the time.

so it's probably a good thing you're not the type of person who enjoys accounting.

ummm, sounds like you want to be some kind of social worker