Monday, August 25, 2008

I miss Beth!


I know I've missed her this whole time, but it really hit me last night at the CORE meeting. There we were, seated in Justin's TV room, and we were outnumbered guys 5, girls 3. This is core history! It has been so long since the men out numbered us women, and 5 to 3!!!! We had a blast tho, making jokes, and going off on tangents (and Justin rocks, bc he lets us go off), typical core meeting style, but it has been soooo long since we have laughed so hard; it was kinda a freeing laugh. I'm a little sick, so when I laugh, i cough, and then laugh, and cough a smoker's cough, and well, I got called a horse, haha! But I wished Beth could be there. She was always fun to laugh with and joke with, and take some of the jokes, now there were only 3 girls to make fun of.
I went to Yogurtland twice this weekend, not the same without Beth. Beth and I used to go every chance we could, actually I used to drag her, but I believe she became fond of it on her own. :) Beth! the yogurtland in san diego has mini reese's pieces!!!!, of course I got those, then loaded it with shredded coconut, my fav topping, oh! and they have ANOTHER yogurtland on Irvine Blvd now, even close than the other one!!! They are popping up like starbucks!
I went to the beach with Liz last Friday, HDBD, if you will. I had a blast with Liz, she is great, one of my best buds. But, it made me miss Beth, and the times we went to the pool and beach for halfdays, even if it was too cold to swim and we wind up listening to sisters fight and argue at Holli's pool. :)
So, Beth, I miss you! I have realized that over the summer that she became a big part of my life, and is missed. I love what she is doing in Uganda (FYI - Beth went to Uganda for a year to teach children, and spread God's love), but I miss her!
But this is life, and I experienced it not a year ago. Sometimes doing the will of the Father is hard, and rips us from the life we loved, but in the end, we become a better person, molded to be the person He created us for, and that is exciting!
So I am going to continue to go to yogurtland (like i could give that up), the beach, and laugh at core meetings, and maybe just a little louder for Beth, even if I am a horse. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I miss Becky!! I want to go to Yogurtland, and have HDBD, and laugh really hard...but they don't have any Beckys here in Uganda- at least not that I've found yet!