Thursday, October 9, 2008

To go Dark Brown, or stay Blonde? That is my question...

Yep, im having a debate of whether to keep highlighting my hair blonde, OR to take a drastic step and die it dark aurburnish brown. So, ill give you a little history with my hair. I was born blonde (actually red, but that was only 3 months) and when I say blonde I mean BLONDE!!! Then as I started getting older, I had darker blonde pieces come in which left me a head of hair with perfect highlights that people kill for. Unfortunately, I was only 12-14 at the time and couldn't appreciate what I would some day pay thousands to maintain. ahhhhhhh...... Anways, once I hit 16 (my mother warned me as well) My hair started growing in light brown, dark blonde to brown haired people. This left me with a natural look of roots. I looked like this whole time I had been dying my hair blonde and now just got lazy!! So I did the sensible thing in such a crisis moment, I went to get it highlighted, which really just looked like dying, bc 2 inches off my head was blonde again, and only at the top, the blonde and brown.
My hair also turns blonder in the sun, and therefore, I actually started highlighting AND lowlighting (putting a dark color in) so you could see that I had just spent $150 on my hair. If it was going to be unnatural, then I wanted it to look better than just plain blonde. I am now off the lowlighting kick, bc I have decided my dark growing in is low enough, bc yes, it is getting darker as I get older, yet still blonde mid-way down my hair when the sun hits it. Really? two-toned? So, some sort of dying has to be done, or I will look like the girls who are over their highlights, but don't die their hair to match their normal hair color and have their highlights slowly inching down their head, gross. I'm sorry if that's you, but gross.
So this summer, I had a revelation, what if i went dark?! For 10 years I have only ventured out to perm my hair, and don't get scared, not 80s perm, just waves, a relaxed perm if you will. So, I thought, dark would be cool, I have bright blue eyes, I bet that would look good.
But, you see, I have never been anything but blonde, or blonder, so dark, and auburnish dark at that is a drastic change! I was psyched for it! but, then one little thing happened. That one person that you want to be like, "oh yah, beck, that will look great", made a face. A face! and was like noooooo. UGH! So now, torn. Do I die it dark and risk seeing that face every time I have a glance in my direction? Or stay the same blonde I have always been wondering if I will actually ever get that face glanced at me? I'll prob die it anyways, just for a change, but this new found piece of information really put a kink in what I thought was a right move.
decisions, decisions ........ What do you think?

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I say DO IT! Hair is hair and you can always lighten it up again. Go for the change! And don't forget to post pictures ;)

Jenn Brown said...

I'm having the same dilemma! I was towhead as a kid and now it's dark dark blonde. Hmmm...