Monday, October 27, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

Last week i experienced 3 random acts of kindness that I wanted to share. Just nice to know that there are people out there that do nice things, just cause.
Here they are:
Running Store
I was at the gym and they were having an open house where stores could come in and display their products. One was a running store (mind, 2 were food, and not health food, mexican food, and chick-fillet, are they serious?!?! I am in a gym, a place I should be able to call my sanctuary where I can distract myself from eating junk food, and they put it right in front of my nose! Luckily, I stood strong) So, I asked the running store if they had an GU and running belts for water bottles. (notice the guy with the packet in his mouth) The running peoples told me that they didnt have GU nor belts for water bottle there, but they did have them at their store, and if I went before Oct. 31st, i could use this $15 cert!!!! I noticed on the cert that the amount was for $10, and he had crossed it out and wrote $15, and then signed by it! how exiciting $15 bucks off!!!!
H&M
This clothing store is becoming very popular to me. Don't worry, I still am obssessed with Express and will always be, but I bought a knit hat, grey long sleeves, and a dress, for only $47!!!! Insane! During checkout I asked if I could have hangers, and the checker replied, sadly no. When I finished paying, I notice her stuff a hanger in my bag, say shhhh!!! and hand me my bag. Sweet!!! no reason at all, I got a hanger!!
And now for the ultimate act of kindness...
Wig Store
I went to a wig store to try on dark hair, so I could get a good idea of how I looked with dark hair, before I dyed it. (sidenote - i look HORRIBLE with dark hair, and got it highlighted with some low-lights instead) The story was closing, but this cool punk girl, who scared me when I first saw her, let me in. I confess that I am not even there to buy a wig, but wanted to try one on so I could see how I look with dark hair (and right about now, I feel very shallow). They told me it was $3 per wig to try on, I ask to pay with debit, but the machine is down, bc they are closed. So, I am keeping them open, to not even try a wig. I start digging thru my purse and pull out the 1 dollar bill that I have and proceed to start counting quarters. Then, the lady behind the desk told me, "it's ok, you dont have to pay, jsut try the wig." REALLY!?!? ok! So the crazy punk girl with bleach blonde and dark black hair with her nose ring (i think she was about 16) took me back to try on the wig I picked out. I hated it. I wanted a pick to show my friends for second opinions, bc of course I cannot make these decisions on my own, but.... I left my phone in the car. So, punk girl, offers to take the pic with HER phone and then text me the picture. WOW!!! So I said yes, and she took it, and I left with a free try-on and proof of a potential debacle.
I LOVE PEOPLE! - something to keep in mind when I have to deal with other, not-so-nice people
3 separate people, 3 separate occasions, 3 nice gestures. Pay it Forward

No comments: