Monday, October 6, 2008

Girls Weekend

There is something to a girls weekend, that just makes me all giddy, excited, ready to push myself to stay up late, talk about everything in my life, and eat ice cream and candy.
This past weekend, I went away to Palm Springs with my 2 awesome friends, Liz and Krystal. I love these girls. We are def. different in how we look, act, process, etc, but the important stuff we have in common, our love for each other and "thereness". Thereness - the act of being there for someone.
So, awesome amazing Krystal has a timeshare in Palm Springs that we fled to in hopes of aforementioned pigging out, spilling guts, and staying up late. We did just that. :)
On the car ride over, all of us spilled about our weeks, so during the weekend, there didn't have to be any backstories given. (a much needed essential for all girl trips, i might add) :)
We got in on Friday night, and went straight to Ralphs (yes before the timeshare, TS) to buy the essentials. I am trying to be a bit healthy, so replaced my ice cream with sherbert, and my chocalte candies with candy corn and mints.
Nest item up on the agenda was to start the quest of getting Krystal caught up on The Office episodes. DVD 1 popped in. We laughed and ate our junk food, it was wonderful. DVD 2, in.
Saturday morning I wake up to find Krystal and Liz eating cereal (M&M's have already been consumed) DVD 2 in again. We walked to starbucks, to get some exercise, and yes! those 5 blocks did help, but prob not after I had my tall caramel frap light, no whip. :) It was beautiful outside! Came back, DVD 3 in. We laid out by the pool and had one of the most disturbing experiences: an Old man (early 70s) walked by and told us that we were giving him a medical emergency everytime he walked by. EWWWWWWW! I was grossed out, Krystal and Liz just laughed. Seriously tho? 70s! yuck!
We cleaned up, little more DVD and then got all cutsied up to go out!!! We went to a great Mexican restaurant that had live music and great food! Los Casuelos. It also had a brochure for a show girls show, where the oldest show girl performs, she's 85!!! ah! I think I'll tell that man by the pool.....
We then attempted to go dancing. I say attempted , bc none of us have been out dancing in years, ...... and we were in palm springs. We went to Costas, a club inside the Marriot. The median age was def. 30s. We did a lot of laughing, and omg'ing, and yes, we even did some dancing, yet called it a night early. DVD 4 in.
Sunday, just got up and watched more office, ate the last bit of junk food, all vowing not to eat that much again in a such a short period of time. Drove back.
Ahhhhhhhhhh! Girls weekend! I swear guys weekends have nothing on a girls weekend. It can't be put into words, but there is something amazing about it.
Oh, and I ran 7 miles later on Sunday to combat the junk food. Gotta have a balance. :)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend!